Work Permit Exemptions
If you want to work in Canada, you will need to obtain a work permit. However, in some cases, you may be eligible to work without a work permit and enter as a visitor authorized to conduct certain activities that are exempt from a work permit. Some of the work permit-exempt situations are:
- Academic examiners and evaluators
- Athletes and coaches competing in Canada
- Aviation accident or incident investigators
- Crew members
- Emergency service providers
- Foreign government officers
- Healthcare students
- Military personnel
- Performing artists
- Business visitors
- Public speakers (up to 5 days)
- Students working on/off campus up to a certain number of hours per week
You must be able to demonstrate, with proper supporting documentation, that you are exempt from obtaining a work permit. Contact us today to see if you are eligible.
Start your initial consultation by filling out the Assessment Form. We will get back to you shortly with availability for your appointment.