Temporary Residence Permit (TRP)


If you are inadmissible to Canada due to failure to meet certain requirements, such as a criminal record, including driving- or drug-related charges, but you have a valid reason to travel to Canada for a temporary visit, then you may be issued a temporary resident permit (TRP) to overcome the inadmissibility and be allowed to enter Canada for a limited duration.

To be eligible for a TRP, your need to enter and stay in Canada for a temporary duration must be justified. An applicant must satisfy the immigration or border services officer that their reason to enter Canada outweighs the inadmissibility that would otherwise restrict them from entering Canada.


If you believe you may be inadmissible to enter Canada but you need to travel to Canada for a temporary period for a justifiable reason, then you may be eligible to apply for a Temporary Residence Permit. Call or email us today and find out how we can assist you in obtaining a TRP.

Start your initial consultation by filling out the Assessment Form. We will get back to you shortly with availability for your appointment.