Federal Skilled Trades (FST)
The Federal Skilled Trade class is a permanent resident application category, accessible via Express Entry. This category is available to individuals who intend to become a Canadian permanent resident on the basis of becoming economically established in Canada as workers in skilled trade professions. Some of the requirements for a qualified candidate are:
- Meet required language skills levels in English or French: CLB/NCLC 5 speaking and listening, CLB/NCLC 4 reading and writing
- Have 2 years of full-time (or equivalent) work experience in a skilled trade within the last 5 years at time of applying
- Meet all job requirements for that skilled trade according to the NOC (other than a provincial certificate)
- Have a full-time job offer (LMIA approved) from up to two employers for at least 1 year, or a certificate of qualification in the skilled trade issued by a Canadian province or territorial body
- The work experience does not need to be continuous, and must be preformed upon obtaining the specific qualification to preform that job.
Proof of settlement funds
|Number of Family Members||Funds Required (Canadian dollars)|
|For each additional family member||$3,314|
Call or Email to book your consultation today if you are a trades person and would like to permanently migrate to Canada.
Start your initial consultation by filling out the Assessment Form. We will get back to you shortly with availability for your appointment.