Express Entry is a secure, electronic system, which Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) uses to manage permanent resident applications to Canada for skilled immigrants.
- Points are given based on factors including skills, age, education, language skills, and work experience abroad and/or in Canada
- Candidates create an Express Entry profile and are selected at regular intervals for application for permanent via an Invitation to Apply (ITA) by IRCC
- Must meet minimum requirements under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Federal Skilled Trade (FST), Canadian Experience Class (CEC) in some cases) categories, with or without a job offer
- Requires one year of continuous work experience in NOC 0, A, B categories or skilled trade (non-continuous for Canadian experience)
- Qualifying job offer can add points, but not mandatory
- Can apply for Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) at the same time for additional points
- Dual intent is allowed if the Temporary Foreign Worker wishes to apply for PR through EE
- Quebec work experience counts, but the applicant cannot intend to live in Quebec. For immigration to Quebec, a Quebec Certificate of Selection (CSQ) must be obtained.
- An Invitation to Apply (ITA) does not guarantee PR
- Once an ITA is received, the PR application must be submitted within 90 days
- Processing time is about six (6) months from submission of PR application
- Misrepresentation in the application renders applicant inadmissible and subject to a 5-year ban to make future applications
Start planning your temporary or permanent immigration to Canada by booking your initial consultation with our immigration professionals today!
Start your initial consultation by kindly filling out the Assessment Form. We will get back to you shortly with availability for your appointment.