Criminal Rehabilitation


Individuals who have committed or been convicted of a criminal offence or offences outside of Canada may be found inadmissible to Canada under the Canadian immigration law. Criminal acts such as driving under the influence of substance (DUI) can make an individual inadmissible to Canada, and an appropriate remedy must be sought for lawful entrance to Canada.

To overcome inadmissibility on a temporary basis, a Temporary Resident Permit(TRP) may be obtained to gain temporary entrance to Canada for a limited duration. To be permanently cured of criminal inadmissibility related to certain criminal acts or convictions, an application for Criminal Rehabilitation must be made to the Canadian government.

Depending on the seriousness of the crime, you may be eligible for Deemed Rehabilitation if more than 5 or 10 years have elapsed since completion of your sentence. If found deemed rehabilitated, an application for Criminal Rehabilitation will not be required.  

If you have committed or convicted of a more serious criminal offense or offenses outside of Canada, you may be eligible to apply for Criminal Rehabilitation after five (5) years have passed from the day that you have completed your sentence.


If you are criminally inadmissible and wish to come to Canada and the appropriate time has elapsed since you have completed your sentence, then you may apply for Criminal Rehabilitation. Contact us today to get started right away!

Start your initial consultation by filling out the Assessment Form. We will get back to you shortly with availability for your appointment.